Veolia Environnement co-operates with its customers - local self-government and industrial and tertiary sector companies - in managing water infrastructure, waste management, energy services, and public transportation.
Veolia Environnement is one of the largest foreign investors in the Czech Republic, mainly in the water and energy industries. In 2011 it realised a turnover of €1.4 billion and it employs 12,656 people.
Each of the Veolia Environnement divisions in the World has a leading position on its market.
Veolia Water (2012)
World leader in water treatment services
- Serves 100 million people with drinking water
- 71 million people provided with waste water services
- 89,094 employees
- Turnover: € 12.078 billion
Veolia Energy * (2012)
European Leader in energy services
- 119,000 facilities for heat and electricity generation in Europe
- 49,800 employees
- Turnover : € 7.6 billion
- 4.5 million apartment complexes heated
- 133,000 energy systems managed
*) Due to shareholder relationships, this company is to be known as Dalkia.
Veolia Environmental Services (2012)
Number one worldwide in waste management
- 64,291 employees
- 25.7 million tons of waste recovered as organic, inorganic matter and energy
- more than 47 million people served
- Turnover : € 9.083 billion